Adult Learning and What is on in our and around our area.
Activities being run by the Stowe Church
The Stowe Church love Easter and we are hosting some Easter activities and events. These are our Easter love gift to this lovely community and some also offer an opportunity for you (and your families if applicable) to engage with the Easter story. More information about individual events will follow on the Wichelstowe Residents and Friends Fb page, but here’s an overview 😁
All of these activities are free and open to all residents and friends of Wichelstowe.
Monday 11th April
6pm - 8.30pm Wichelstowe Sports The Deanery School
Badminton, Basketball, Tennis, Short Tennis, Fencing, Table Tennis, fitness challenges, Boccia and toddler play zone.
Good Friday 15th April
10 - 11.30am Easter Story crafts, hot cross buns, singing and story reflection spaces at The StoweAway
Easter Sunday 17th April
10am - 11.30am Breakfast and Easter Garden making At The StoweAway.
11.30am Easter Egg hunt meet at The StoweAway.
You can get more details by contacting Owen on 07954386016, or via Messenger to Ali Boulton or Owen Green.
Wiltshire Treehouse Easter Egg Trail 2022
Old Town Gardens, Swindon
Saturday 16th April
10.00 – 14.00
£3.50 per child
Booking link: https://wtheastereggtrail2022.eventbrite.co.uk
Further information: http://www.wiltshiretreehouse.org.uk/fundraising/easter-egg-trail-2022
All are welcome with chocolate eggs given out on completion. We will also have non-chocolate prizes available.
Easter Holiday Activities at STEAM and Lydiard House Museum
- From Saturday 9th April: Discover STEAM’s second exhibition for 2022. The Diesel Decades follows the story of Britain’s railways as they moved from using steam engines to diesel-powered locomotives.
- Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th April: Children can learn about the future of transport and design an electric vehicle. £8.50 per child.
- Wednesday 20th April: Families can try their hand at recycled sculpture, collage and even design their own train with Art on Tour’s art and craft sessions. Tickets for the sessions and many of the activities are free, with a small number of optional extra activities payable on the day.
Activities do not include admission into STEAM Museum.
Tickets must be booked online in advance: www.steam-museum.org.uk/event/easter-holidays
Lydiard House Museum
- From Saturday 9th April: The beautiful State Rooms of Lydiard House reopen following a winter hiatus. Featuring a brand-new art trail entitled Interventions.
- Wednesday 13th April: Take part in free, outdoor Easter-themed craft and nature art activities. Drop-in 10am – 4pm (weather dependent). Does not include (optional) House admission.
- Wednesday 20th April: Create your own lotions and potions. £2 per person, in addition to House admission. Pre-book by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
From Saturday, 9 April, Lydiard House Museum is open from Wednesday to Sunday from 11am to 4pm (last admission 3.30pm).
Tickets for Lydiard House Museum can be purchased on the day. Admission costs £5 for an adult and £2.75 for a child (under 3s go free). Family tickets available.
Summer Youth Project
With the longer days and hopefully warmer weather we will all be spending more time outside. In the two counties covered by Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service we are lucky to have many beautiful areas of water including the sea, rivers, lakes and canals.
The most important water safety advice you can help teach your child for water safety is FLOAT to live. Talk to your child and explain if they ever fall into water, or struggle when swimming they need to think “FLOAT.” Lie on their back, put their legs and arms out like a star and look up to the sky. Why not check your child knows how to do this by practicing on dry land or next time you are swimming in a pool with them?
For more information, including two stories to watch read by Zoe Wanamaker CBE and Olympic Swimmer Sharron Davies MBE and activities to keep your child entertained during the holidays please visit Dorset & Wiltshire Fire Service | Be Water Aware (dwfire.org.uk) there is also the chance to enter our prize draw to win a VIP trip to a DWFRS fire station!
Please click on the links below for further details.
Swindon Parenting Hub
Timetable of clubs and activities