Friday 26th June
Friday 26th June
Another busy, and oh so hot, week we have all had, both at home and at school! We've loved looking at all of your 'The Three Billy Goats Gruff' work. You've all done amazingly well at the Rainbow Games challenges too, well done! Miss Francis and Mrs Plank are looking forward to working in school with the 'Scotland Bubble' next week, and Mrs Biddiscombe and Miss Algeo are looking forward to seeing all of the fantastic work you do at home.
The Rainbow Games
This morning we had a message about the Rainbow Games from Mrs Ash and Miss Hardy . . .
Today is the last day of our Rainbow Games! It has been an amazing week and we have been overwhelmed with the
number of families taking part. We have really enjoyed seeing your photos and videos.
Remember whatever your score your points count towards the house total and taking part really matters
and is showing our school value of community.
The points so far:
Shaw 1225 average 39.5
Coate 1214 average 55.1
Barbury 975 average 46.4
Lydiard 899 average 42.8
It is all still to play for!
Have lots of fun and remember your team needs your points!
Mrs Ash and Miss Hardy
Today's Rainbow Games Challenge
Today's challenge is called Pot of Gold (You can watch Miss Algeo trying this challenge in the video below)!
Guidance for Read Write Inc Phonics at Home
Please use the Speed Sounds and Spelling lessons each day. You will find them on the Ruth Miskin page on YouTube.
From 1st June, all films will be available from 9.30am.
- Mrs Biddiscombe’s Group Set 3
- Miss Algeo’s Group Set 3
- Miss Francis’ Group Set 3
- Mrs McGregor’s Group Set 3
- Miss Barlow’s Group Set 3
Remember that there are also daily reading films and the new daily Read and Hold a Sentence:
The films are:
- Read Red Words 1 (for all children)
- Read Longer Words (for children who can read Set 3 sounds and words confidently)
- Read and a Hold a Sentence 2 (For children reading and writing words with Set 2 sounds confidently and learning Set 3 sounds)
- At https://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/find-out-more/parents/ you will find the 'Read Write Inc Phonics Guide for Parents. Here you will also find other helpful parent videos.
We hope you have a great evening!
Miss Francis, Mrs McGregor and Mrs Plank