There is a direct link to good attendance and punctuality and subsequent high achievement at school.
Please support your child to be on time in school EVERY day as this will give them the best life chances and help them to establish good habits that will stay with them in the teenage years and on into adulthood.
Ways that we can work together:
- Book all routine doctors and dentist appointments out of school hours.
- Book all holidays in school holiday time*. There are 175 days when the children are not in school.
- Call the school office as soon as possible if your child is off school for any reason to let us know that they are off and why. If we do not hear from you we would need to contact you ourselves so that we know where the child us and that they are safe.
- Do send your child into school if you are unsure whether your child is genuinely ill. We will send them home if they deteriorate.
*Please note that we are unable to authorise holidays for any reason during term time and you may be subject to a fine.
The following are NOT reasons to be off school:
- They are under 5, It doesn't matter
- They had a late/bad night
- They have a cold/temperature
- They have a sore finger/leg etc.
The school monitors attendance and lateness closely.
Each term the Head Teacher, Deputy Head and the Family Liaison Worker meet with any families where we have concerns about attendance/lateness. Education Welfare support us with this process.