Critical Worker Children School Places
Dear Critical Worker Parents/Carers
On behalf of my team and myself, I would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you for all of your important work during this pandemic.
When we first went into lockdown, there was significant anxiety at all levels and we did the very best that we could to provide continued emergency care for those children whose parents’ work was critical to the Covid-19 response and/or children who were considered vulnerable.
Thank you so much to you for respecting this and only using this service when it was absolutely essential. The team here are so grateful to you for helping us to keep everyone safe during the peak time for the virus. As you know, schools were delegated the responsibility to determine who should receive places from those eligible. I am sorry that I did have to ask questions around this to those applying but please understand that I am responsible for the safety of every single human being in this building and that is not a responsibility that I take lightly.
The guidance has now changed and all schools have been asked to extend their offer to those critical workers who need care and we want to help you where we can whilst keeping everyone safe. Here is some information for you to enable you to make your decision but we are still working out these finer details and there will be further communication once we have an idea of numbers.
- If your child is in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 or Year 6 they will be placed with those year groups.
- If your child is not in those year groups they will be grouped in mixed age groups of no more than 15.
- One member of staff will look after each group on a rota. All groups in the school will NOT mix.
- Your children will receive all of the same love, care and support but we need to make clear that it cannot and will not be school as usual because of the restricted size and age mix of groups. We will not be able to offer the full curriculum but we will support home learning and other opportunities.
- To enable us to undertake a weekly deep clean needed for this wider re-opening and enable us to manage the groups, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to offer the full-time school nor will we be able to sustain the ‘pick and mix’ offer that we have been able to offer to date, therefore your child will be need to be in school for all available sessions.
- There will be staggered start and end times to control social distance of parents at drop off and pick up times
- A list of Critical workers can be found here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision
The start date of any offers of places may need to be staggered over a few days/weeks with the addition of new families depending on numbers interested. Please complete the form by following this link https://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/OLIeYAzN. Please complete as soon as possible and by Friday 15th May if this care would help you so that we can put provision in place from Monday 1st June.
Thank you for your continued support.