Phased Return to School Phase 2 Update 11.6.2020
Our sincere apologies if there was any confusion with yesterday’s correspondence.
- If your child has a space already. This will continue – as long as it is used.
- Spaces have not yet been allocated or offered for wb 22nd yet. This is in process and we will be in touch with those who completed the survey requesting a place as soon as we can.
- If you did not complete the survey, your child/ren cannot be considered for a place at this time.
- As the demand for places requested through the recent survey have been so high we will have to prioritise vulnerable and critical keyworkers from within those who have requested places.
- After the 22nd June we are now not able to offer any further spaces beyond the 3 touch base days at the end of term, because the demand for the next stage is so high and the government guidance that we have to follow has not changed. This is NOT us so please try not to be angry with staff who are genuinely doing everything that they can. We could not have foreseen the demand.
- We did foresee that we may be able to, because of our capacity, open up other bubbles and this is why we sent communications (emails, text message, app messages and information on our website) to ALL parents asking EVERYONE to complete the survey with this in mind.
- We are unable to offer part-time spaces as this would contravene the guidance of not mixing bubbles and be unmanageable with 100+ children all wanting different days and times.
We want children back in school as much as everyone else but we have a duty to keep everyone safe and we must follow the guidance that the government has given us. The level of complexity and level of challenge involved in planning for this with sporadic guidance (54 documents to date) and a lack of consultation as a profession is unprecedented.
As stated, we will collate and answer questions but at the moment our priority has to be organising this next admission point; communicating to those who have a space and ensuring the environment is set up to keep everyone safe.
Thank you for your kind messages and continued support