Acceptable Usage Policy
East Wichel Community Primary School and Nursery
Pupil Acceptable Use Policy
New technologies have become integral to the lives of children and young people in today’s society, both within schools and in their lives outside school. The internet and other digital information and communications technologies are powerful tools, which open up new opportunities for everyone. These technologies can stimulate discussion, promote creativity and stimulate awareness of context to promote effective learning. Young people should have an entitlement to safe internet access at all times.
This Acceptable Use Policy is intended to ensure:
- That school ICT systems and users are protected from accidental or deliberate misuse that could put the security of the systems and users at risk (including cyber bullying).
- The school will try to ensure that pupils will have good access to ICT to enhance their learning and will, in return, expect the pupils to agree to be responsible users.
Acceptable Use Policy Agreement KS2
I understand that I must use school ICT systems in a responsible way, to ensure that there is no risk to my safety or to the safety and security of the ICT systems and other users.
For my own personal safety:
- I understand that the school will monitor my use of the ICT systems, email and other digital communications.
- I will treat my username and password like my toothbrush – I will not share it, nor will I try to use any other person’s username and password.
- I will be aware of “stranger danger”, when I am communicating on-line.
- I will not disclose or share personal information about myself or others when on-line.
- If I arrange to meet people off-line that I have communicated with on-line, I will do so in a public place and take an adult with me.
- I will immediately report any unpleasant or inappropriate material or messages or anything that makes me feel uncomfortable when I see it on-line.
I understand that everyone has equal rights to use technology as a resource and
- I understand that the school ICT systems are primarily intended for educational use and that I will not use the systems for personal or recreational use unless I have permission to do so
- I will not try (unless I have permission) to make large downloads or uploads that might take up internet capacity and prevent other users from being able to carry out their work.
- I will not use the school ICT systems for on-line gaming, on-line gambling, internet shopping, file sharing, or video broadcasting (e.g. YouTube), unless I have permission of a member of staff to do s
- I will not use the school ICT systems to access social networking sites e.g. Facebook
I will act as I expect others to act toward me:
- I will respect others’ work and property and will not access, copy, remove or otherwise alter any other user’s files, without the owner’s knowledge and permission.
- I will be polite and responsible when I communicate with others, I will not use strong, aggressive or inappropriate language and I appreciate that others may have different opinions.
- I will not take or distribute images of anyone without their permission.
I recognise that the school has a responsibility to maintain the security and reliability of the technology it offers me and to ensure the smooth running of the school:
- I understand the risks and will not try to upload, download or access any materials which are illegal or inappropriate or may cause harm or distress to others, nor will I try to use any programmes or software that might allow me to bypass the filtering /security systems in place to prevent access to such materials.
- I will immediately report any damage or faults involving equipment or software, however this may have happened.
- I will not open any attachments to emails, unless I know and trust the person/ organisation who sent the email, due to the risk of the attachment containing viruses or other harmful programmes.
- I will not install or attempt to install programmes of any type on a machine, or store programmes on a computer, nor will I try to alter computer settings.
When using the internet for research or recreation, I recognise that:
- I should ensure that I have permission to use the original work of others in my own work
- Where work is protected by copyright, I will not try to download copies (including music and videos)
- When I am using the internet to find information, I should take care to check that the information that I access is accurate, as I understand that the work of others may not be truthful and may be a deliberate attempt to mislead me.
I understand that I am responsible for my actions, both in and out of school:
- I understand that the school also has the right to take action against me if I am involved in incidents of inappropriate behaviour, that are covered in this agreement, when I am out of school and where they involve my membership of the school community (examples would be cyber-bullying, use of images or personal information).
- I understand that if I fail to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy Agreement, I will be subject to disciplinary action. This may include loss of access to the school network/internet, detentions, and contact with parents, suspensions, and in the event of illegal activities involvement of the police.
Acceptable Use Policy Agreement KS1
The school has installed computers and Internet access to help our learning. These rules will keep us safe and help us to be fair to others. (S=School) (H=Home)
- I will only use ICT in school for school purposes. (S)
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet and will only be online when an adult is in the room. (S)
- I will only use my login and password and never share these with others. (S) (H)
I will only open and delete my own files. (S)
- The messages I send will be polite and sensible. (S) (H)
- I will never give out my own or other people’s name, address or phone number online. (S) (H
- I will never upload any images of school activities to any social networking site. (S) (H
- I will not deliberately look for, save or send anything that could be unpleasant or nasty. (S) (H)
- If I see anything I am unhappy with on the computers, I will turn the screen off and tell my teacher or an
appropriate adult straight away. (S) (H)
- I understand that the school can check my computer use and that my parents/carers can be contacted if
school staff are concerned about my e- safety. (S)