Flat Bread Pizza Cook-a-Long Video and Recipe
Cook-a-Long Flat Bread Pizza - Makes 8
For the pizza base
- 150 grams self raising flour
- 150 grams wholemeal self raising flour
- 3oo grams natural yoghurt
For the pizza sauce
- 500 grams passata with herbs and garlic
For the toppings
- 150 grams mozzarella or grated cheddar cheese
- Pepperoni, ham ,chicken or any meats or fish you like (optional)
- Red onion, peppers, sweetcorn, mushrooms or any vegetables you like.
Method Pizza Base
- Sift the flours into the mixing bowl.
- Add the yoghurt and stir until well mixed.
- Tip out onto a clean, floured worktop and knead
- Divide the dough into 8 and make into balls.
- Lightly dust a clean worktop with flour and using a rolling pin roll out each ball to about ½ cm thick. Place the basis on greaseproof paper on baking trays.
Making the Pizzas
- Wipe the mushrooms with kitchen paper to remove any dirt or grit. Slice in half if large and then into thin slices.
- Deseed the pepper and cut into thin slices. Prepare any other vegetables and chop any meat.
- Pre heat oven to 170 °Celsius gas mark 4.
- Spread 4 x 5ml spoons of the Passata on top of each pizza base, taking care to spread the saucer right to the edge of the base.
- Top with some vegetables and meat of your choice from those you prepared earlier.
- Sprinkle over some mozzarella cheese or some grated Cheddar.
- Place the pizzas in the oven for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbling and golden brown.