At East Wichel Primary School we aim to foster a sense of:
- And diligence
that is underpinned by love.
We are committed to promoting high standards of behaviour through a restorative justice approach where the children learn and develop from their mistakes. We support our children to develop integrity; to take responsible for their actions and to develop into caring human beings who are confident and assertive and able to make a positive contribution to their school and to society in general.
Consistent expectations are important and all members of staff are proactive in encouraging pupils to reflect; to learn and to make good behaviour choices both in and out of school.
“The foundation of every school must be excellent behaviour”
“The simplest things work best”
At East Wichel we aim to:
- Provide a safe, comfortable and loving environment where optimum learning takes place
- Promote high standards of behaviour that enable pupils to achieve success
- Use a consistent and calm approach
- Develop self-discipline and a good moral code so that each pupil learns to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Provide clear guidance for children, staff and parents of expected levels of behaviour
- Ensure all adults take responsibility for managing behaviour and follow-up incidents personally
- Ensure all adults use consistent language to promote positive behaviour, using restorative approaches
For further information please refer to our full behaviour policy and anti-bullying policy.