Flu Vaccinations Information
Please see message below regarding a Flu Vaccination Catch up session for children who missed the last one, or if you have changed your mind and now would like your child to have the Flu vaccination.
- If your child has already had the vaccination you do not need to do anything.
- If your child has had their vaccination at the GP surgery please give the team a call so they can ensure their records reflect this.
- If you complete the consent last time and your child missed it because they were absent - you do not need to complete the consent again, the team have your record still.
- You haven't completed a consent form - follow the link below. If you are unsure please call the team on the number below and they will advise you as to whether you have or not.
- If you have questions about the vaccination - follow the link below for frequently asked questions or contact the team on the number below.
Your child is due to be in Reception to Year 6 from September 2020 and they are therefore eligible for a Free Nasal Childhood Flu Vaccination.
We are re-visiting your child’s school on Thursday 3rd December to offer a second opportunity for them to receive their flu vaccination if they have not received it previously. As before, this will be administered adhering to all up to date Infection Control, PPE and social distancing guidance at the time.
Flu vaccination is one of the most effective interventions we have to reduce pressure on the health and social care system which is going to be more important than ever this year. For this reason, it is essential we deliver the vaccine to as many children as possible to prevent the spread of infection to those most at risk in society.
If you would like your child to receive their flu vaccination and HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED an online consent, please use the link to consent to your child’s vaccination now. Even if you do not want your child to receive this vaccination, please complete the consent form stating “no” consent. You will also find answers to your FAQ’s on this link.
If you have previously completed an online consent for this academic year, you DO NOT need to complete another one. We hold the consents securely in our consent system and our team will use the existing one at the upcoming session.
If you have any difficulties with completing the consent form or any further questions, please contact the Immunisation Team on our Single Point of Access (SPA). Tel: 0300 247 0082 Email: email@example.com
If you have completed your consent form and changed your mind please read.
Thank you to all of those who have completed a consent form for your child with regards to the Flu vaccine. If for any reason you need to change any information or consent please do not complete a second form alternatively please contact the team on 0300 247 0082 (09.00 – 16.00) or via. VCL.Immunisations@nhs.net, where we can manually change any information and avoid any duplicates and errors. This is particularly important if you wish to decline the consent having already given a positive consent in which case we ask that you also inform your child’s school that you have declined consent in order that they can inform the team when they attend.
Thank you for your cooperation with this important matter.
School Age Immunisations Team
Virgin Care Services Limited