Microsoft Teams Acceptable Usage Policy
East Wichel Microsoft Teams Acceptable Usage Policy
In case of national lockdown or a whole bubble isolation, in addition to using Class Dojo teachers will have live sessions on Microsoft sessions on Microsoft Teams as appropriate.
This is an incredibly useful resource as long as it is used safely and appropriately by everyone. The details below summarise East Wichel Primary school approach to safeguarding pupils and staff during their use of MS Teams.
Our expectations of Parents and Carers
- Find suitable quiet space for your child to use Teams.
- Ensure your child and everyone in the household is dressed appropriately; no pyjamas, underwear or skimpy clothing
- Parents or family members must not join the meeting, make comments or add to the chat function because this disrupts the lesson. However, parents can help pupils with technical issues with their device, internet etc.
- Parents must ensure their child’s Camera is turned on for safeguarding purposes
- Parents must be mindful that other children might see or hear you and anything in the background
- We expect all family members to use appropriate language
- Parents must not interrupt lessons unless it’s an emergency
- Parents must only log their child on to Teams using the login details provided by the school
- Parents must not request access to Teams meeting using their personal email.
Our expectations of Pupils
- Pupils must not use the chat function.
- Pupils must raise their hand on Teams rather than shout out because this disrupts other pupils’ learning.
- Pupils must only unmute themselves if their teacher asks them to do so.
- Pupils must not have any other member of the family join in with the live session.
- Pupils must sit up straight with undivided attention.
- Pupils must join in the discussion or task as directed by the teacher or teaching assistant.
East Wichel School will ensure the following safeguarding measures are in place:
- To safeguard the children and staff, and to allow children to access the lesson at any time, our Teams meetings are recorded.
- We will keep live sessions to a reasonable length of time as set on the daily timetable.
- Teachers will maintain control over who can allow access to each meeting; this means only the children or other staff who are invited to the meeting can join.
- Teachers will clarify expectations of online safety with regards to the use of MS Teams.
- Where possible, an additional member of staff to the teacher is part of each lesson meeting.