Apricot Cookie Cook-a-Long Video and Recipe
Apricot Cookie Cook-a-Long
- 225 grams soft margarine
- 225 grams castor sugar
- 340 grams self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 100 grams dried chopped apricots
- Weigh out margarine and castor sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Mix the margarine and castor sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add golden syrup, self raising flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix until it starts to form a dough.
- Put some flour on your hands and pull the ingredients together to form a dough and put onto a floured surface.
- Divide the dough into 2 and roll into sausage shapes about 4cm in diameter and put into fridge for 1/2 hour.
Pre-heat your oven to 140° Celsius or gas mark 2 whilst the dough is cooling
- Cut the dough into slices about 1 cm thick and place at least 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes take out of oven and leave for 20 minutes before taking off tray.